Military and Overseas Citizens Registering And Voting Absenteeen Español

The following information applies if you are a United States uniformed services member on active duty, a Merchant Marine member, spouse or dependent thereof, or a United States citizen residing outside of the United States.

  • You can register to vote and request an absentee ballot at the same time by using a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). You can obtain the FPCA from any Voting Assistance Officer or at You can also call or request by mail, fax, or e-mail to your Supervisor of Elections that a voter registration application or an absentee ballot be sent to you. If you use the FPCA to request an absentee ballot, your request will be good for all elections through the end of the calendar year for the second ensuing regularly scheduled general election.
  • Absentee ballots are mailed to military and overseas citizens no later than 45 days before each election. You can instead request that your absentee ballot be faxed or e-mailed to you. If you include an e-mail address with your absentee ballot request, the Supervisor will notify you by e-mail that your request has been received. The Supervisor will also provide you the estimated date the ballot will be sent to you and let you know when he or she has received your voted ballot.
  • You can track online your absentee ballot request and ballot. Link either through the Division of Elections' Voter Information Lookup or through your county Supervisor of Elections.
  • If it is getting close to Election Day and you still have not received your requested absentee ballot, contact your county Supervisor of Elections immediately. Alternatively, if you are an absent stateside or overseas uniformed services personnel or spouse or dependent absent also because of the uniformed services personnel or an overseas U.S. citizen, you can use the emergency back-up absentee ballot known as the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB). The FWAB can be obtained at: It can be used to vote in any election for federal office and any state or local election involving two or more candidates. (See section 101.6925 Florida Statutes; Rule 1S-2.051, Florida Administrative Code)
  • For presidential preference primary elections and general elections only, an overseas voter's absentee ballot postmarked by Election Day and received within 10 days of the election shall be counted provided the ballot is otherwise proper.
  • Further information about the FPCA and the FWAB can be found at the Federal Voting Assistance Program's website at: